By Commenting, you agree to the site rules. posting in our comments section is a privilege and can be revoked at any time. Comments will be considered the responsibility of, and associated with, the user account that posts them, regardless of human user or IP address from which such was posted.
By commenting on our articles & posts, you agree to release The Palace of Wisdom from any liability, civil, criminal, or other, in specific regard to anonymous annoyances, abuses, threats or harassment, perceived or otherwise. Our site rules and guidelines are subject to change with little or no notice, at any time. Any unforeseen situation that necessitates a change in the rules, will be taken care of with no grandfather clause(s).
The Palace of Wisdom Administration reserves the right to interpret and apply these Terms of Service in any way to ensure the security and safety of The Palace of Wisdom and its users.
The Palace of Wisdom staff reserves the right to make judgement calls on a case by case basis regardless of the offense, user, or Terms of Service in any given situation at any time without notice. Users are expected to have one and only one account through The Palace of Wisdom. Duplicate accounts may be locked at any time without notice.
General Site Guidelines
- As a general guideline, language should fall within the norms of a 15 rating. Specifics follow below.
- Cursing, within 15 norms, is allowed as long as it isn’t too vulgar or directed at another user. An infraction of this will be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- At the same time, gang communication, mentioning body parts and/or bodily functions, including those involving sexual innuendo, perceived or otherwise, are not permitted. For example, you can say generically “Only a dick would do that,” however, you may not say “Look at my dick.”
- Failure to follow the language guidelines established herein may result in banishment, to be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- Intentional attempts to bypass the language filter will not be tolerated. The filters are designed to keep certain words from appearing in the comments, not to inspire your creativity in getting them there.
- Language restrictions apply in all languages.
- The Palace of Wisdom considers the following actions to be spam: excessive off topic comments in existing threads, excessive posting solely to inflate post counts, “plugging” competing sites or products without prior the Palace of Wisdom management permission, comments solely advertising products and services, or any type of comments intended to disrupt this comments system.
- The definition of spam will not be limited to the specifics described in B1, and will be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- Failure to follow the spam guidelines established herein may result in banishment, to be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
Baiting & Flaming
- Flaming is defined as posts that intentionally insult, offend, or otherwise abuse users.
- Baiting is defined as posts that are designed to tempt another user into a violation of the Terms of Service.
- Baiting and Flaming are often interrelated. Neither Flaming nor Baiting are permitted in any forum. This is a grey area and infractions and punishments resulting therefrom will be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- Public posts (including signatures and images) on The Palace of Wisdom or elsewhere that reflect negatively on the staff of The palace of Wisdom will not be tolerated. Choosing to handle disputes or negative communications regarding The Palace of Wisdom staff may result in temporary or permanent banning from The Palace of Wisdom services at the staff’s discretion. In other words, if you have a problem and run to Twitter or Facebook with it, don’t be surprised if you are no longer allowed to access your account on The Palace of Wisdom.
- You agree not to post publicly on The Palace of Wisdom or elsewhere about any disciplinary actions (including banning, removal of ability, removal of comments, etc.), such action is strictly forbidden whether the person being discussed is your or not. If someone is disciplined, the matter is between them and The Palace of wisdom staff, not the community as a whole. Public opinion or smear campaigns against staff will not help anyone resolve disputes.
- A loose term for disruptive posting which may or may not involve violating the Terms of Service.
- This is subject to interpretation by The Palace of Wisdom staff. Staff reserves the right to interpret the Terms of Service on a case by case basis involving users.
- The penalty may range from 24 hours to permanent banning at The Palace of Wisdom staff’s discretion.
Inappropriate Relationships/Illegal Relationships
- The Palace of Wisdom in no way will tolerate any attempts by adult members of the site to solicit or form inappropriate relationships with minors, or solicit inappropriate or illegal pictures of minors. (Note – this applies in all situations)
- Anyone in violation of this rule will receive a ban, probably permanent. Authorities may be notified as well. No warnings, period.
- Any member of the site who feels that inappropriate behaviour along these lines is taking place should contact The Palace of Wisdom staff immediately.
- Sexual Harassment is defined as ANY unwanted sexual advances, comments, or behaviour.
- Harassment is defined as ANY consistent flaming, baiting, doing so by shadowing (following a poster around as deemed and considered by the moderators), or thread spamming directed at ONE individual; Consistent, unwanted communication from one user to another.
- It is the user’s responsibility to report acts of sexual harassment and harassment. The offending party will be given one warning unless The Palace of wisdom staff deems the incident serious enough to warrant immediate action. Should the offending party subsequently harass the same individual, said offending party will be banned, the length of which will be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- Anything knowingly false, or alleging anything against a person which is not knowingly true can be considered slanderous/libel.
- If you are the subject of any alleged slanderous/libel posts, it is your duty to inform a mod as soon as possible.
- Punishments will be determined at the discretion of The Palace of Wisdom staff.
- The Palace of Wisdom cannot and will not be held responsible for individual user posts.
- Humour/sarcasm/joking/etc. does not give anyone the right to say to post in a slanderous/libel manner.
- Pornographic pictures may not be posted ANYWHERE IN ANY FORUM on The Palace of Wisdom.
- Pictures of a graphic nature may not be posted ANYWHERE IN ANY FORUM on The Palace of Wisdom. Graphic pictures may include, but are not limited to: goatse, tubgirl, disgusting crap, etc. What is and isn’t graphic will be determined on a case by case basis by The Palace of Wisdom staff. Short version – if it’s gross or otherwise inappropriate, don’t post it.
- Links to sites that are illegal in ANY jurisdiction WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
- Failure to follow this rule may lead to a permanent ban from this site.
- Violence is defined as any post that threatens physical harm to another user.
- By definition, violence is more severe than flaming.
- Posts of violence in the comments will not be tolerated in ANY forum.
- Warnings will be few, and bannings may be severe.
- Violence does NOT include play fighting.
- The Palace of Wisdom staff reserve the right to interpret intent when judging a potentially violent post.
- Avatars are allowed, but they must be linked from a website that permits outside hotlinking of said images.
- You are responsible for your own avatar content. If someone approaches you to be a part of a avatar “campaign” or “movement”, it is your responsibility to determine whether you think the message violates any of these rules because you will be held responsible for your own avatar.
- Any original content you submit to The Palace of Wisdom will remain the property of the poster but may be edited, modified, or deleted completely by The Palace of Wisdom staff if a portion of it is inappropriate.
- You agree not to pass off content copyrighted by others as your own. The Palace of Wisdom will not be held responsible for ANY degree of plagiarism committed by content submitters.
- You agree to cite appropriate sources when appropriate and respect the copyright wishes of content providers. If a site has information and explicitly forbids reprinting of that content, you agree not to duplicate that content on the The Palace of Wisdom site but to reference it through editorial, commentary, HTML link, or written reference.