Latest
Jurassic World 3 Announced (February 22, 2018 9:55 pm)
Confirmed Matches for WWE Elimination Chamber (February 22, 2018 7:36 pm)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 20/02/2018 (February 21, 2018 6:40 am)
Results: WWE Raw 19/02/2018 (February 20, 2018 7:08 am)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 13/02/2018 (February 14, 2018 7:05 am)
Results: WWE Raw 12/02/2018 (February 13, 2018 6:30 am)
Results: UFC 221 (February 12, 2018 9:00 am)
First Venom Teaser Debuts (February 10, 2018 10:04 pm)
First Venom Trailer Coming Tomorrow (February 7, 2018 9:50 pm)
Meet Cable in New Deadpool 2 Trailer (February 7, 2018 7:52 pm)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 06/02/2018 (February 7, 2018 7:14 pm)
Results: WWE Raw 05/02/2018 (February 6, 2018 6:19 am)
Official Teaser for Solo: A Star Wars Story (February 6, 2018 12:41 am)

Sky and 21st Century Fox Agree Takeover Deal

An agreement has been reached for 21st Century Fox to take full control of British Sky Broadcasting.

Rupert Murdoch-owned Fox, who already own 39% of Sky stock, and now have agreed to pay £11.7 billion to buy out the remaining 61%. Sky shareholders will pocket £10.75 per share, which will value the entire company at £18.5 billion. BBC News are reporting that some Sky shareholders are not overly pleased with the amount on offer.

There is also a growing concern that Murdoch would have an unhealthy and excessive influence and dominance over UK media, given that he already owns The Sun and The Times newspaper. The Culture Secretary Karen Bradley is being urged to refer the proposed takeover to media regulator Ofcom for further examination, something she has the power to do.

She now has ten days to decide whether or not to bow to pressure and consult the regulator.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

A co-owner of this here website, as well as a Writer, Podcaster and Designer. I'm well known for my enthusiasm and positivity. You can find out what's on my mind by following me on Twitter and by checking out The Geek Show, The Podcast of Wisdom and Ring the Bell.

Comments