Latest
Mauro Ranallo Staying With WWE (June 22, 2017 10:37 pm)
Ron Howard Signs on for Han Solo Movie (June 22, 2017 10:34 pm)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 20/06/2017 (June 21, 2017 6:20 am)
Star Trek Discovery Gets Premiere Date (June 20, 2017 11:34 pm)
Godzilla Sequel Casting Confirmed (June 20, 2017 11:20 pm)
Warcraft Director Not Hopeful on Sequel (June 20, 2017 10:48 pm)
Results: WWE Raw 19/06/2017 (June 20, 2017 6:05 am)
Results: WWE Money in the Bank (June 19, 2017 7:30 am)
Bat-Signal to Shine for Adam West (June 15, 2017 11:31 pm)
McGregor vs Mayweather is Official (June 15, 2017 10:20 pm)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 13/06/2017 (June 14, 2017 6:57 am)

Next Title From Sleeping Dogs Dev is a Multiplayer Battle Game

It looks like we won’t be seeing Sleeping Dogs 2 any time soon, as the next game from Vancouver-based studio United Front Games will be a 3 vs. 3 multiplayer battle game titled Smash + Grab. 

Some artwork for the game was discovered earlier today by Wario64 (via. Eurogamer), showing multiple, post-apocalyptic gangs fighting it out with a motley assortment of weapons:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

A trailer has since been revealed, venturing deeper into the title’s anarchic, competitive gameplay. It largely looks to be a loot-fest, with player teams competing to steal $50,000 worth of goods from nearby stores or from the opposition. It’s currently expected to release on PC, with no mention made of a console version.

“Smash + Grab combines our love of competitive online games with our expertise in action mechanics and hand-to-hand combat, sharpened during our development of Sleeping Dogs,” Stephen Van Der Mescht, CEO of United Front Games said in a statement (via. IGN).

Smash + Grab will arrive on Steam Early Access this September, where it’s expected to stay for “approximately six months.” The Early Access version will consist of two multiplayer modes, two maps and 20 playable characters, each of which can be customised with vanity items and perks.

Rumour of a Sleeping Dogs sequel have been floating around for a while now, following the original’s warm reception back in 2012, and subsequent port onto the PS4 and Xbox One. Online open-world, Triad Wars was announced in 2013, but was cancelled following beta-testing last year (via. Game Informer). With this said, it looks like a sequel just isn’t on the cards right now. Still, at least we’ve some Purge-style multiplayer mayhem to look forward to.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

Charlie is a platforming romantic from England, that still speaks in a fashion that died with the Elizabethan era. Having been gaming since the days of Crash Bandicoot, he champions the Playstation, and is only a little bit embarassed that Super Mario Land keeps spelling his defeat.

Comments