No Man’s Sky has been getting mixed reviews from critiques and gamers alike. While some players feel satisfied with their experience, others are trying to get a full refund on the game. For the vast majority of these players, they cannot meet the conditions needed to get a return on the game from the likes of Sony and Steam. However, this has not stopped people trying anyway.
A post on Reddit details a way for players to improve their chances of getting a refund for No Man’s Sky if they cannot meet the requirements stated in Steams and Sonys refund policy. The steps suggested are:
- Open an actual ticket to try and get into contact with a REAL user, not an automated system.
- Mention about how the game was advertised and draw comparisons to the final product, make comparisons on the trailer & screenshots compared to in-game.
- Cite sources, cite interviews with Sean, youtube and article links.
- Make sure you give the game a negative review on Steam, be constructive in this review as it will be compared to your case.
- Give specifics on your rig, details on crashing, frequency and performance issues.
- Be sure to emphasise how long you’ve been with STEAM and how you use their service and how you will seriously consider purchases with them in future if the refund isn’t resolved (do this with PSN too)
- Be patient and sincere with your request, any profanity or outrage will automatically get your application ditched
- I imagine 10-15 hours of playtime is probably their threshold, if you’ve played 20+ I wouldn’t bother.
This huge push for refunds on No Man’s Sky can be down for the game not meeting fan expectations, as well as a list of features that were mentioned during promotion but never made it into the final product.
29A number players have stated they were able to get a refund from the likes of Steam and Sony, even though they did not meet the requirements of each company’s returns policy. However, it looks like players may not be so lucky from here on out if they are trying to get a refund from steam. A warning has been edited to the No Man’s Sky steam page stating “the standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man’s Sky. There are no special exemptions available.”