EA Games has officially uploaded the launch trailer for Mirror´s Edge Catalyst on their YouTube channel, game that is planned to arrive in stores on June 7 of this year.
This project is a reboot of 2008’s Mirror’s Edge and will revolve around the origin of Faith Connors, as she and the runners try to overthrow the totalitarian faction known as The Conglomerate. The game takes place in the city Glass, a pristine city of fourteen million citizens ruled by the ruthless and corrupt Conglomerate. In Glass there are many factions struggling to take control of the city, some of which are:
- The Runners: A group of voluntary offGrids who have decided not to be part of the corrupt system of The Conglomerate. This group lives on the rooftops and race across the urban landscapes committing burglaries and performing courier jobs for anyone willing to pay for their services.
- The Conglomerate: They consist of 13 corporations run by the most powerful families in Glass, known as Corporate Houses, who together rule the great nation of Cascadia. Among the corporations can be found the weapons and security manufacturer Kruger Holding, the electric company Everdyne, the biggest clothing company on Cascadia, Pirandello Group, and the tech specialists of Silvine Systems.
- Black November: A resistance movement created by Rebecca Thane, who was once a prominent protest leader in Cascadia (eventually she turned to more violent methods of protest, following the events of the November Riots), this group is constantly hunted by Kruger for inciting revolutions among their employs.
In Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, the runners explore the urban landscapes of Glass in its different districts, some of which are:
- Anchor: One of the most affluent areas of Glass with its tall towers representing the power of The Conglomerate. Also, Anchor is known for its nightlife and shopping.
- Downtown: The proud modernized center of Glass, secured by Kruger personnel.
- The View: A prosperous residential area, considered by many the final step before getting invited to Sky City.
The time has come to use your parkour skills and your tight-knit Cabals and overthrow the totalitarian Conglomerate once and for all.