Land – and Mechanical Shark-Ships – Ho!
Indie title Man O’ War: Corsair receives a huge update today, entailing additional quests, maps a range of new functions.
Sprung from Swindon-based Evil Twin Artworks, Man O’ War: Corsair is based on Games Workshop’s tabletop classic, Man O’ War, and blends exploration with hearty naval combat. Play as a rogue Empire Captain or ‘Champion of Chaos’, as you guide your vessel to visit ports, plunder enemy ships, whilst making trade and legends alike across both land and sea.
Amidst sea-based warfare spread across more than 50 ports, you can forge alliances with different races to better your chances in battle. If you’re feeling outnumbered, you’ll also be able to hire wizards, and a host of other mythical beasts – to do your bidding.
The game’s hefty update releases today on Steam, and introduces a variety of new functions and a slew of additional quests. A new fleet – Khorne – comes included in the update, and opens up Warhammer’s Great Western Ocean with three all-new ships. Players will be able to test their mettle against the Ironshark – a ship adorned with a mechanical shark head, the pincer-wielding Bloodship, as well as encounter the supporting vessel: Deathgalley.
You can see the changes in action in the update trailer below.
Every port will also now include tower defences, containing gun batteries and other formidable defences. Due to a ship’s wide cannon spread, you’ll need to carefully align your attacks in order to topple towers, and conquer ports.
Here’s a full list of what’s included in today’s expansive update:
- Extended world bounds to include Bretonnia
- Added port defences for all ports
- Added ability to Loot, Raze and Cannibalise ports
- Added Orc ports
- Added Pirate ports
- Added new Kislevite Port
- Added Black Leviathan encounters
- Added Khorne encounters
- Added quests around Bretonnia
- Added more music
- Added ability to rebind keys (NB: tutorial UI not yet updated to reflect changed keys – coming soon)
- Changed how ships and characters are streamed to prevent hitching
- Game Time can be increased to x4 while out of combat.
- Game Time no longer pauses on the map screen.
- Right clicking on the map (or pressing control) will set a waypoint at the mouse position for the First Mate to steer to whenever the captain is not at the wheel.
- Clicking on ships and ports on the map shows additional info
- Camera is now stabilised whilst using spyglass or zoom scope
- Mouse speed whilst zoomed is now the same on both axes
- Sea monsters now drop loot instead of directly rewarding gold.
- Fixed an error with nulls in cutscenes
- Boarding: Headshots now do additional damage.
- Boarding: Crew spread out better whilst fighting, colliders improved.
- Peasants no longer sell blank treasure maps.
- Can transfer cargo between ships in warehouse storage