The follow-up to favoured horror Five Nights at Freddy’s now graces the PC. Only in this one, you’re not running from the menacing, Teddy Bear jaws of everyone’s favourite pizza mascot; you’re fighting for him.
Since the release of the rabidly anticipated Five Nights at Freddy’s 4, dev Scott Cawthon brings back the notorious Chica, Bonnie and Fazbear himself, albeit in honeyed RPG format.
Titled Five Nights at Freddy’s World, the spin-off presents 40 playable characters, in addition to alternate endings and multiple difficulty levels. Players will wander a ‘world beneath worlds’, where inverse actions appear to reign, braving glitches and beasts in order to restore the world’s balance and safety. But as is delineated in the game’s description, malfunctions and monsters aren’t necessarily all that exist here, and there might be something even more ominous behind the scenes. Despite the game’s cutesy art style, this potentially sets the world up for the creepier undertone FNaF fans might find familiar.
FNaF World’s soundtrack is composed by Leon Riskin, and features some notable battle quirks, which are outlined on the game’s Steam Page (via. GameSpot):
• Birthday: Temporarily increases attack, defense, and speed. Very useful in the early parts of the game.
• Waterhose: Instantly kills enemies under 30% health.
• Giftboxes: Puts a gift-box at the feet of each of your team members. When they die, it will automatically bring them back to life with full health.
• Hot Cheese: Put globs of hot cheese on the floor, doing damage-over-time to enemies.
• Unscrew: 30% chance of instant death to one enemy.
• Esc Key Chance of death for all enemies on screen. (less likely to work than Unscrew)
• Mystery Box: Swaps out all members of your party for random characters. They go back to normal after the battle is over.
• Prize Ball: Performs a random attack.
• Jumpscare: Stuns enemies for a few seconds. Less effective on bosses.
Five Nights at Freddy’s World is available now for $9.99 (or £6.99) on Steam.