Latest
Deadpool to Stay Rated R at Disney (December 16, 2017 1:38 pm)
Disney Boss: Fox Characters Heading to MCU (December 16, 2017 2:30 am)
Confirmed Matches for WWE Clash of Champions (December 16, 2017 1:50 am)
Ring the Bell: Stop Hindering Jinder (December 16, 2017 1:11 am)
Walt Disney to Complete $52 Billion Fox Deal (December 15, 2017 12:43 am)
Review: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (December 13, 2017 12:45 pm)
Results: WWE Smackdown Live 12/12/2017 (December 13, 2017 6:43 am)
The Punisher Season 2 Announced (December 12, 2017 10:22 pm)
Results: WWE Raw 11/12/2017 (December 12, 2017 6:31 am)
Apple Confirm Shazam Deal (December 12, 2017 12:12 am)
New Trailer for Ready Player One (December 11, 2017 1:47 am)
205 Live Star Arrested (December 10, 2017 10:10 am)

Konami Confirms Silent Hills’ Cancellation

Silent Hills has been officially canceled.

Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic Silent Hills project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued,” the publisher told Kotaku.

In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.”

How are you taking the news? Should Konami have carried on with the title regardless or is it better to give up and start again at this point? Let us know in the comments below.

 

[alert type=”blue”]Original Story[/alert]

Original plans for a Silent Hills (a continuation of the Silent Hill series) are no more. Building massive hype off the back of last year’s breakout playable teaser P.T. – which when solved revealed a trailer for Silent Hills, it looked as though this new title could bring the once great horror series back into glory. With Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima & filmmaker Guillermo del Toro behind the helm and The Walking Dead‘s own Norman Reedus set to star, fans of the series eagerly awaited for any information regarding this game.

Unfortunately the next news regarding Silent Hills was not good news as rumors began to circulate of a fall out between Kojima and his studio’s long-term publisher Konami. Following days and weeks began to show that Konami would begin removing the famed developer’s name (along with his studio) from their titles, including upcoming releases Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Silent Hills. Fortunately it seemed although both Kojima & Konami were on speaking terms and would work together up until MGS V’s release but this also spelt the possibility of doom on part of his collaboration with del Torro.

A new nail in the Silent Hills coffin seemed to have been struck as Guillermo del Torro was quoted during the San Francisco International Film Festival as saying that his collaboration with Kojima is “not gonna happen.” Then the final blow came today as Norman Reedus later tweeted an article reporting the game is canceled, adding he’s “super bummed” about the news, and Konami has confirmed to Eurogamer that its contract period with the actor has “expired.”

 

Just what has caused this break up between Kojima & Konami all of a sudden and why that it’s cause a game cancellation when there are other people involved is unknown but it’s not over yet. Konami has said that they plan to continue the Silent Hill (and Metal Gear Solid) series going without Hideo Kojima, but now it’s obvious that you shouldn’t expect to see either Guillermo del Toro or Norman Reedus’ names tied to the next installment.

If you own a PlayStation 4 and have not yet experienced P.T. for yourself, you’ll probably want to look into that quickly as it’ll be removed from the PlayStation Store on the 29th April.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

Sometimes writer, wannabe animator and podcast creator that talks far too much. Coleman is a collection of atoms that formed in Gosport and relocated to London.

Comments