Sony Online Entertainment have announced that the next DLC expansion headed to the free-to-play MMO DC Universe Online will be called Origin Crisis. Coming sometime in May for both PC and PlayStation 3, the pack will include new solo and multiplayer missions with a story that will center around Batman and Lex Luthor.
As the name Crisis suggests in the DC Universe, the expansion explores alternate realities, which will mean you can look forward to new alternate costumes to popular heroes and villains.
Creative Director Jens Andersen has said:
“In this DLC, players will travel through time to play out alternate histories and futures. What would happen to Metropolis if Superman worked for Lex Luthor? What if Bruce Wayne became an evil assassin instead of a vigilante? These are the stories and realities that the players will experience and influence,”
Origin Crisis feature list:
- New Quantum Controller Power Set – Manipulate time, control gravity and twist the very fabric of space itself
- Two challenging new Raids
- Two new Hero Origin Operations
- Two new Villain Origin Operations
- Iconic Anomalies – Two new Solo Simulation Challenges
- New Gear, including Tier 5 PvE Gear and new Iconic-inspired Gear
- New Feats, Collections and Trophies
We’ve got some screenshots taken from the expansion below:
As Per usual the pack will be free to Legendary members and available to purchase for Free and Premium members.